Monday 10 September 2007

Last week was a rough week, our 18 year old cat Pickles crossed the bridge.  She'd been loosing weight and getting more frail so it wasn't entirely unexpected but still very sad.  We got her and her brother Raffi when they were kittens so it's really hard to get used to not having her around.  She was a silly little thing, it was almost like she stayed a kitten, I think she was the runt of the litter, if she sat on my knee she'd be kneading with her paws all the time, and always, always would run to the fridge door when she heard one of us go into the kitchen, she always wanted milk.  Sweet little Pickles, we buried her out by our pond as she liked to go out there to drink and lie in the sun on the grass.  While we were digging her grave the biggest dragonfly came and hovered over the pond, I'm taking it as a sign that everything is alright.  Here she is pretending she's a bird.




It's September already and I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to do when the weather cools down.  I've turned the spare room back into a bedroom that Raffi our cat seems to have taken over and I don't want to go back up there and struggle with small tanks of gas again.  Ohhh if only the sunporch was insulated at least.  I guess I'll just carry on and see how it goes out there, but there won't be much torching for me when it reaches -10 and colder.

I had a request for buttons at the street sale in Carleton Place so have been giving them a go and having lots of fun with them.  They are smallish at the minute and have a glass shank that is melted right into the front part the button.


And a little sun



Our friend CL would like a necklace for her son's wedding in October, so I've been working on that too, it needs to have teal in it - I love this first bead, but the second group have more of the right colour combo for CL's dress.





Here are a couple more recent beads and my latest bit of fun from the weekend.  I'm still working out the skeletons, I want to do more with their mouths, just not quite sure what at the minute, although I did see something that gave me an idea yesterday, and I'd like to try them in ivory too.  The picture's a bit on the dark side because it's hard to show their mouths off in a picture.








No comments:

Post a Comment