Tuesday 3 July 2007


Yesterday was fun at the torch!!  I am starting to understand how the size and placement of the dots can create different patterns - sounds obvious right?  Not so, my green and black bead in this picture has tiny white rectangles between the big dots, I was thrilled when this happened.  It's all about how the glass spreads and I can't wait to get back to try more things.

A couple of these have murrini in them, I want to have another go at that too, I melted it in a little too much, and placed clear over top of one of them, which I have decided I should have done at an earlier stage to make sure I covered the whole piece.

I also used some violet yesterday and got a silver reaction onthe top right bead that I'm having a hard time trying to replicate.

2 comments:

  1. Deronda designs4 July 2007 at 10:15

    You just know how much I love your DOTS, and the murrini is so fascinating.

    -deronda

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Deronda! I'm glad you stopped by for a vist :o)

    ReplyDelete