Tuesday 12 February 2008

February Ottawa Lampworkers Gathering

Our group of Ottawa area lampworkers is growing, on Sunday we met at Evelyn's house. Seven of us were there, Evelyn, Jen Muise, Jennifer Jakobs, Virginia, Charlie, Carole and myself. It is such fun to see everyone's creations, as we are all doing different things. We exchanged some beads this time and here is the stash I came away with. I've numbered them so that I can say who did what.
p2123899.jpg
Numbers 1&2 are Evelyn's beads, she uses lots of frits in different sizes and colours and builds layers upon her beads - aren't they something! 3 is one of Jen's, I really like this bead, it makes me think of a very fancy cake when I stand it on end, 4 is one of Charlie's 'rejects' - I would be so happy to make something that looked like that, 5 is Useless Eustace the bull by Jennifer Jakobs, she's taken one of Sharon Peter's classes and is making beads that ooze with colour and fun, and 6 is from Carole - this one makes me think Jackson Pollock, it really is a miniature work of art. I think I did pretty good! I'm excited because I'm starting to get a little collection of other people's beads and they're very inspiring to look at and hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment