Saturday 9 February 2008

The Dark Side is Calling....

The dark side? Yes, borosilicate or boro glass. I keep seeing the most wonderful beads and vessels made from this glass. I am totally in love with the colours that swirl and create universes of such depth and beauty in these creations.

Here is just one for example -

samma.jpg

This stunning vessel is made by Samma - see all the colours at play in the different angles of light - I am dreaming about this stuff at night! Samma is creating amazing vessels, if you like this one you should visit her blog by clicking here I am going to add it to my links.

Since I am using a hothead torch at the minute, boro is off-limits. I don't have enough heat to melt the glass. In order to work borocilicate glass you need a torch that uses both gas and oxygen. I am so obsessed at the minute I've gone back to experimenting with my unboroboro beads, they are looking quite pretty, but they are not the real thing...

p2093202.jpg

p2093203.jpg

p2093205.jpg

Valentina, if you are looking at this I AM SORRY!! I KNOW I am supposed to be making you some silvery drop beads, please forgive me! I'm in a very dark place at the minute, I am trying hard not to let the Dark Side win! (yeah right!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh do not worry Louise. To create something beautiful, can not be forced. The drops will be ready, when they are ready.

    Can you imagine, those as drop beads? I am open for some experimental drops ;-)

    ReplyDelete