Saturday 12 October 2013

Otherworld

As I let Raff out this morning I saw the mist and it called.

mist

It said "Come out to play, come find the cusp of the Otherworld just the other side of  your door"

And I went.

branches

And I saw how my world melted away, how now empty branches had poems to say.

field

I saw in the farmer's field rows of hay laid bare, lines to circles of stone that aren't there.

trackway

I saw looming barrows just off in the mist, where I know for certain they do not exist.

webs

And down by the river the wild geese were calling, my soul was flying as raindrops were falling.

river

This liminal world of mystery and shift will fade as the sun comes and dew starts to lift.

willow

But I know deep inside in my heart made of myth, there are ways I can wander in stones, barrows and mist.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    I hear the geese as they fly overhead , sometimes when I walk the dogs. And on those misty mornings ,like you've described, that sound and the simple glory of the morning settle my heart into a deep, deep peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos and words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! This is so beautiful! Love the pictures and the prose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Shawna! I feel like tweaking it but will probably leave it alone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Amanda, it was a most beautiful walk :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh*....so lovely. i know just what you mean....xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lynne - yes it makes a perfect start to a day - I passed a lady walking and she seemed disappointed that the sun wasn't out yet, I guess she didn't feel quite the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D I wish you many mists!

    ReplyDelete