Monday 18 November 2013

Perhaps we are dreamers

Dreams are curious things, I woke up this morning with what seemed like dozens of fragments of different dreams in my head.

The more I tried to pursue them the further away down squirrely tunnels they fled.

1261783_89846984

Sometimes I can remember my dreams clearly, other times I'll be able to grasp at a meaning that seems to make sense, or a dream will impart heightened emotions that bring me to tears or great joy.  There have been occasions where my Dad has visited me, once in glorious HD, hyper real as though I were seeing him through the eyes of an eagle, more real than I ever saw him in life.  He let me hug him to prove that he really was there and he was a solid being as real as any I encounter when I am awake.

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Dreams are a mystery. 

Tim Freke suggests also that life is a 'dream'.

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
Sholom Aleichem

What is life? A madness. What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a story. And the greatest good is little enough: for all life is a dream, and dreams themselves are only dreams.
Pedro Calderón de la Barca

649076_31579751

I rather like Tim Freke's idea of living lucidly, I know that when I feel connected a wonderful sense of joy and love fills me and wonderful things start to happen.
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream,
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
Traditional.

Several things come together when I think of dreams, fleeting thoughts of how the universe might really be, questions that will forever remain unanswered, in this lifetime at least.

591175_37177289

Are we the dreamers dreaming the dream?

The Shapers shaping the shapes?

Energy beings riding the cusp of a wave of creation and expansion?

All of the above?  None of the above?  Will we know the answer one day?  Do we hold the answer now?

Ahhh the mystery of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment