Monday 19 November 2007

Support Tickets…

I found out something else neat about Wordpress, you can download the free software and set it up though your own hosting plan. It sounds like this option gives you more templates to chose from and lots more options. Being a template junkie I decided to give it a try, but of course I can't get the install file to run on my hosts server. I keep getting the same message and I've tried and tried every possible configuration of the info that needs to be submitted - nada, nothing .. baaaaah! Filled out a support ticket yesterday in desperation and so far have heard nothing back. I assume they are either overloaded with support tickets or have taken off for an early Thanksgiving break. I emailed them again this morning and will see what happens.

When we first signed up with this company their service was good, problems were fixed and they took time to explain how they had fixed them. Then it got taken over, and service was outsourced to another company and I'm not a happy camper. Sometimes they reply to tickets, sometimes they dont'. When they do fix something all I get is an email saying that the problem has been fixed, not what caused it and how it was remedied. A lot of the problems seem to be on their end too which makes me more annoyed. When this years hosting is used up I think we're going to be moving on!

That leads me to a whole other gripe about business' in general that feel like they have to reach astronomical proportions to make as much profit as possible, with no regard to the fact that their customer service is terrible or non-existent and that the business they first set out to run is nowhere near as good as it was when it was smaller.

Hmmm... I didn't think I woke up in a bad mood this morning....

Here's a picture of Jane and I at the Women's Fair in Carleton Place! I hope I haven't wrecked Jane's mouth.. she was caught in mid sentence with it wide open so I tried to close it a little for her with Photoshop ;o) ..next I'm going to work on my non existent chin!
Women’s Fair 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment