Thursday 3 January 2008

1000 Glass Beads

I just got my belated Christmas present the 1000 Glass Beads book and I'm blown away by the beads in there!  Can't wait to get out to the torch, it is so inspiring, how some of these beadmakers create such beautiful works of art is beyond me.

I'm counting all my savings and thinking that I'm close to having what I need to get a kiln!!  ...or a torch and oxycon..!!!  Everyone I talk to says Kiln first!  Which makes sense, I am self sufficient then and I am in control of my own annealing.  It makes sense.  Then I think about my problem with the cold, and how I can't torch for days or weeks on end when it's too cold, and a voice whispers in my ear that if I had a propane/oxy torch that wouldn't be so much of an issue as it is with my hothead.  And that little voice sings to me ...booorrrrrrroooo....  and I have to figure out if I am going to be strong or weak!  No matter 2008 is the year of the Kiln AND the propane/oxy torch - one way or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment