Monday 7 April 2008

Today's Picks

Milder weather means I can torch more. I felt like doing some dot beads, and have been using the bigger mandrels, I like the size and feel of bead I can get with these. Still having some trouble getting the beads off the mandrel, and I think it's because the cold pressed steel is more porous than the stainless, allowing the bead release to really grip tight. I'm rubbing the mandrels with a little beeswax before dipping them at the minute. Having mixed results with that. Some come off much easier and some don't.

Bright and cheery dots!

p4079571.jpg

Earthy dots

p4079573.jpg

I really like the size of this one!

p4079574.jpg

And here are a couple of drop prototypes that I'm experimenting with

p4079575.jpg

Last but not least some purple hearts - my first hearts, hoping to send some off for Beads of Courage

p4079576.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment