Monday 18 August 2008

A Challenge

One of my favourite places to hang out on the internet is the 'Newbie Thread' on the Wet Canvas forum, its morphed from the original idea of a place to post worksheets for a group of lampwork newbies to work on, to a wonderful little community within the Wet Canvas forum.  So many of the participants are doing incredible work, and yet I think total beginners could feel comfortable there as well.  We all post our triumphs and our failures, share whats going on in our lives and generally support each other in our glass endeavours and things beyond.

So, what's the challenge you might ask?  One of our members was telling how she'd made a bead with almost 100 dots on it - or maybe it was just over 100 dots, anyway, she threw out a challenge to see who could make a bead with 100 dots or more on it.

I don't consider myself particularly competitive, but I have to say, when I stood behind the torch and started counting dots I didn't want to stop!  The challenge is running until October 1st and I jokingly commented that by that time we should be up to 7 or 8 hundred dots per bead!!  Come and join the fun!  The more the merrier!

This bead is my homage to one of my favourite beadmakers - Larry Brickman  and gives me even more appreciation of his perfectly sized and placed dots.

I counted 212 dots on my bead!

Homage to Larry

Of course SOME people are just too smart for their own good....

100 dots

..sorry Maxine... I couldn't resist stealing it! ;o)

2 comments:

  1. haha.....the "100 dots" are great. ;-)

    Wow Louise, 212 dots !!!
    How long did it take you to make this bead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it must have taken close to an hour, although it didn't seem that long at all!

    ReplyDelete