Monday 4 August 2008

First Annual Juried Show at the Marianne Van Silfhout Gallery - Brockville

And I'm in!! Yay!

I submitted a necklace and some loose beads, my necklace and six of my beads were accepted and I'm thrilled!

I finally finished my Warring States necklace that I'd had on the go for ages, I had strung some of the beads on a cord but finally made more so that I had enough to make a complete necklace - here it is -

Warring States Necklace

It's bright eh? :o)

Let me see if I can find pictures of some of the loose beads that are in the show -

p4110720.jpg

p7039002b.jpg

p7276371.jpg

p7039002c.jpg

p7049406.jpg

louiseingram3.jpg

Here's a link to the gallery page http://www.sl.on.ca , the show runs from the 5th August through to the 12th September, and the Show opening is this coming Friday the 8th - I'm looking forward to that, there are some wonderful pieces of art in the show, lots of paintings as well as wood carvings/turnings/assemblages, jewellery, pottery and more!  I think my beads are the only glass in the show, which makes me especially excited and proud.

The Gallery is just inside the main entrance of St. Lawrence College in Brockville, there are maps available on the Gallery page of the website.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you. I look forward to going to the gallery to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete