Tuesday 5 August 2008

Monkee Business

Some days are better than others!  Today I found out one of my favourite web blogs is back!  Monkeemaker is back, bigger and better than ever, she has a whole new website and I can't wait to find out what kind of summer 007 has been having!

I was so inspired, I thought I'd have a go at monkee beads for a hollows exchange I'm in, they are in flux at the minute, I'm trying to figure out which is the best (and cutest) way to do them.

Monkee1

This is my first attempt, I was pleased as he's pretty cute, I made his smile with a black dot of glass covered with another the same colour as his face.

Monkee2

This one I decided I'd try painting on the mouth, I don't like the look as much as the first one.

Monkee3

Painted mouth again on number 3, it's not working the way I want - I think thinner stringer is in order.  BUT!  I do like the blue eyes!

Monkee4

Now even if you don't like Monkees you have to admit this one is pretty darn cute!  I had a revelation with his mouth and I love the way he turned out.  Too bad the hollow blew a hole just above his face so I put a blob of brown there hoping to patch it up, it looked a lot like a cow-lick so I decided to keep it just the way it was! --That's one of those 'happy accidents'!

Monkee5

This one looks even cheekier than the previous one - I'm liking this mouth sculpting thing and wondering how else I can use it!

Monkee6

This one is just silly, I tried to put a banana on his head, it didn't  quite work and I notice it's got a small crack in it - back to the drawing board.

....I have MORE cooling!!

devilgrin.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Shot Gun Curious George, im guessing thats the 3rd one from the bottom??? hehe.. too cute! love the monkees!

    ReplyDelete