Saturday 29 June 2013

Reflecting

I looked into the mirror the other day and a Goddess looked back.

1403485_rising_moon

It was a me I'm not sure I had seen before.

On the surface things were the same, it was my face with all it's imperfections that normally shame me. My hair was flying in all directions, in need of trimming and taming and yet...

And yet there was something else, there was a radiance shining through from within.  I was smiling, and seeing that smile made me laugh in spite of wrinkles and fallen youth.  I saw a Goddess inside. I saw a wise woman, a friend.

Avalon Goddess copyright louise ingram

Not so long ago, I would have scoffed at the notion of having an inner Goddess.  That would have been rather presumptuous and very vain, high on myself and inappropriate.  So what has changed that I can now see for the first time a glimmer of my true self?

Is it a coming home to me and being comfortable with who I am (not totally on board with that yet but getting there)?  An awakening to the fact that each and everyone of us is connected to the One, to Spirit, the Divine and to each other?  Maybe its a new understanding that I do belong in nature's great plan, and that each blade of grass, each tree and leaf, each animal, ocean, mountain range and breeze vibrates with the same unimaginable grandness of LIFE.

May your mirror of life reflect your true beauty and purpose.

3 comments:

  1. We all have the Goddess(es) and God(s), the One, the Universe, the Great Spirit, Mother Nature inside of us. I am so happy for you that you saw that when you looked into the mirror. It took me years to realize I too am divine just as the deities I connect with. May you have that continued outlook and have all the blessings in the Universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment - I too believe that and it is changing the way I look at the world and how I am in it.

    ReplyDelete