Friday 28 March 2008

Bargains Galore!

Yesterday I took a drive into the Big City with my friend Jane.  We visited some local attractions - namely Ikea and Lee Valley Tools!

I got bargains!!!  Lee Valley had some things that I think will make wonderful mandrels for only 20 cents each - yes - even the big one!  I can't wait to try them out!

p3289065.jpg

I also found some reaaaallly cheap mandrel holders - great for my 3/32 mandrels, it even says 3/32 right on them.

p3289067.jpg

Nicer still they slot together!

p3289068.jpg

Along with these I found some tiny brushes, that I think will be great for scrubbing the last of the bead release away.  ...note the 'Epilady' logo on the handle!!

p3289070.jpg

Now, they were a little more expensive at 70 cents/10  -- I had to consider that purchase carefully ;o)

Ikea -- I could have spent a fortune, but seeing as Jane managed to do that I thought I should be frugal.  I did find some side plates that we really needed and got six of them.  They are very artsy and cool! LOOK!

p3289071.jpg

And they look even better with food on them! ;o)

p3289072.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I know where my next stop will be when I go to IKEA ;-)

    I LOVE TOOL STORES !!!!

    The mandrels do look good, the holders as well. Won´t tell you what I am using as the holders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean...."I spent a lot" ?!!

    I was very proud of your careful and wise choices!!

    Love the Avitars of everyone!!

    ReplyDelete