Sunday 9 March 2008

Ottawa Glass Bead Artists

I've set up a website/blog for our Ottawa group of lampworkers, my hope is that it will give us a place on the web where we can promote our group and ourselves.  It might even be helpful in the future if we do some joint ventures - a great way to advertise us all under one name and website.

header_400px.jpg

For now the address is www.ogba.wordpress.com , I'm sure it'll take a bit of time for members to start filling the site out with information and pictures, but hopefully at the next gathering Valentina and I can explain how to make it work for members who aren't sure.  I've added a forum as well, just for the fun of it - yes, when I get bored and I can't make beads I make things on the internet instead.  It's a weakness, I can't help it!

Anyway, I want the whole thing to be flexible so that everyone's happy with what is up there and they feel like we are representing ourselves in the best way we can.

It is my goal to supplement and hopefully replace some of our income with money earned from my bead sales.  I know it's not going to happen overnight, but they do say persistence and hard work pays off.

3 comments:

  1. I found your site on technorati and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you.

    Matt Hanson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Matt! I'll be checking your blog out too as it looks like it might have lots of useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Louise for setting up our website OGBA.
    Well done !!!

    Also to have a link to my Blog. Thanks !!

    I love visiting your website and reading the news.
    And your tutorials....GREAT !!

    Keep up with your good work !!

    ReplyDelete