Monday 27 October 2008

Inspiration from other Glass Artists

One thing I have found since I started this wonderful journey in glass, is how generous other Artists are with their inspiration and guidance. I do believe this is how Art can truly flourish.

For example, this morning I've been doing my usual rounds of blogs and forums and have been particularly inspired by two things.


Samma's Vessel


Samma has shared a tutorial on her beautiful blown glass vessels over at Beaders Showcase.  This reminded me of a wonderful blown Pod bead that she created, and got me thinking I'd like to have a go at blowing some glass.  I loved the organic shape of her Pod, but also am intrigued with blown vessels I've seen that have holes blown out of them, leaving the inner cavity wide open to the imagination!

And then I visited Studio Marcy's Blog, where Marcy has created a bead based on a work of Art.  Instead of playing it safe with something relatively simple she's really stretched herself and put a very complicated image into a bead.

[gallery]

Marcy's inspiration and bead!


Making Monkees can get repetitive, and it's starting to feel safe and comfortable, these two Artists have given me food for thought this morning as well as planting seeds of inspiration for ways in which I can stretch myself in my beadmaking endeavours!

Thank you Samma and Marcy!

On a less thrilling note our weather forecasters are saying that we are about to get hit with our first Winter Storm of the season.  WHAT!!??  It's still October and they are predicting as much as 30cms in some areas!  I don't like Winter at the best of times, and this evening is supposed to be our last bead meeting before the show in November, I'm beginning to feel as though Fate is conspiring to keep me away from these meetings.  Hopefully it will get rescheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment