Tuesday 13 January 2009

Finding My Voice

I'm in for a challenge!  I have joined a group run by artist Sylvie Lansdowne called 'Finding Your Voice As A Glass Bead Maker, and today is the first day of my little groups assignments!

Just to make things interesting I'm going to have to switch back to my hothead until my new oxycon arrives, but hopefully I'll have that in time for assignment two or three.

This group is meant to help stretch our imaginations and beadmaking styles with positive feedback from the other members.  I know a couple of people in my group but am also excited to meet some new glassy folks!

My assignment, should I choose to accept (Hah! not much choice there, I committed!)

Assignment #1 This picture


[caption id="attachment_1331" align="alignnone" width="231" caption="assignment 1"]assignment 1[/caption]

My first bead will be based on this image, and use only the colours in the swatches.  I have to use all three colours but can use them in any amounts.  I have until Sunday to make one bead, and one bead only - take a picture and post to the group.  Failure to do so will immediately result in my self destruction!   This is going to be interesting!

Immediately it seems to me that this should be an off mandrel creation, BUT I'm hopeless at loops so I'm going to have to think very seriously before I attempt something like that.  Today will be my thinking day, oooh and idea just came to me!  "Please Miss!!  Can I use clear as well"?

Marcy Lamberson's blog today was talking about Typealyzer, it's an online thing that analyses your blog and tells you what kind of person you are and what parts of your brain you are using when you write.  I couldn't resist giving it a go - here is what it said about me - funnily enough it was almost the duplicate of Marcy's!

ESFP - The Performers



The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.

- I don't see myself as a bar floozy, but the rest is pretty accurate!

The Brain Part -

brain
I'm not sure what this means exactly, but like Marcy, I wish there was more of an imaginative slant to it. Oh well, we can't be all things at 6am in the morning can we?

I'm going to sneak off now and analyze husband David's - I'm curious to see what lurks in his brain....

Well isn't he the 'Artist' of course!

I decided to do some more checking and took another test at Bloginality.com this one came out a bit different and said I was -

An ISFP, you are Intraverted, Sensing, Feeling , Perceiving.
This makes your primary focus on Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Sensing.

This is defined as a SP personality, which is part of Carl Jung's Artisans (Sensation Seeking) type, and more specifically the Composers or Artist

Because you are in touch with the inner-artist, you see things heavily in relationship to your feelings and their beauty. You may not be as likely to have a public site, because you feel better sharing with only those who are closest with you.

I think this is closer as I'd definitely consider myself an introvert NOT an extrovert.  -- What are  YOU?

3 comments:

  1. LOL... i took that test a few weeks ago and turns out my blog is the "bar floozy" type as well. Welcome to the club! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, That is hilarious, apparently flameworkers run to the bar floozie type because I'm one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we all need to get together for a party!

    ReplyDelete