Wednesday 7 January 2009

How to use the #9, or, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

[caption id="attachment_1304" align="alignnone" width="425" caption="The GOOD"]Vetrofond lichen beads[/caption]



What a lovely surprise to find that my friend Ananda had sent me some Vetrofond Lichen to try after I had commented on her beads made with this colour (thank you so much Ananda!). Isn't it pretty! It's the most delicate green with a hint of blue. My favourite of these beads is the middle, think I'm calling it Glacial Fields, which means it's probably a keeper, if I start naming beads it's usually because I'm seeing them as offspring...
The little black bead was my first attempt at using some eye cane I made from a tutorial by Pipyr.

The BAD
My oxycon died on me today, I don't know whether to be mad or cry. It's only about six months old and I've treated it with all love one would bestow upon a family member - except I never named it... perhaps THAT's the problem. Fortunately it's under warranty, but I'm wondering how long it's going to take to get the whole thing sorted out and what I'm going to do in the meantime. Does this mean a switch back to the trusty old Hot Head torch?

The UGLY
Well, that would be my mood, I feel like things are conspiring against me so I've taken to eating to make myself feel better - which by the way is a lousy solution!

The #9
Ahh yes.... the number nine! Cloud nine, Love Potion number 9, the 9 horsemen of the Apocolypse (really!! they just forgot to tell you about the other five!), and the fact that the Mayan calendar ends at the year 2012 and 12 is divisible by three and so is nine! I read somewhere that for some reason if you use odd numbers in your blog posts people tend to be drawn to them - consider this a test! ;o)

Thats it - if you've got any interesting uses for the number nine I'd be happy to hear them.

4 comments:

  1. my Birthday is on the 9th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so I use it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhh my birthday is in September and that is the 9th month? Is this going to be something like the movie 23???
    LOOOVE the new beads - the shapes and colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thank god, my birthday is in the 8th month and the 2nd day, and 8+2 does not = 9! i am safe! so long as i wasnt born at 9:00.... was i mum? ohhh man im scared!

    ReplyDelete