Friday 9 January 2009

More information on Ancient Beads

I just discovered The Bead Site, that has some wonderful information and images if you are researching ancient beads. I'm primarily interested in glass one's so these pages caught my eye -

There's much more to see and read there.  The problem I'm finding in researching online is broken links and that's what bothers me about creating links here, I'd hate to think any of these pages would disappear taking a valuable collection of information with it.



[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="171" caption="La Tène eye bead. (No provenience) About 3 cm long. National Museum, Prague "]La Tène eye bead. (No provenience)  About 3 cm long. National Museum, Prague [/caption]

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those sites are amazing - particularly the ones showing the glass furnaces. I bet they never had to worry about heating the buildings in the winter when those were running!

    ReplyDelete