Thursday 15 January 2009

FREE Tools!!

I entered December's challenge over at The Glass Challenge and have just found out that this little monkee

[caption id="attachment_1296" align="alignnone" width="175" caption="2nd prize winner!"]2nd prize winner![/caption]

has won me second place in the Hobbyist's category!  The prize is a $75 gift certificate from the lovely folks at Burning Brass.  To say I'm excited is an understatement - ordinarily, brass tools are way beyond what our bank balance can afford, so this is going to seem like real luxury shopping!  I know I'm going to have a very hard time deciding, they have so many great  lampwork tools.

This looks like it would be wonderful for putting necks on animals, vessels and much more -

[caption id="attachment_1357" align="alignnone" width="425" caption="Neck shaper from Burning Brass"]Neck shaper from Burning Brass[/caption]

But ohhh this looks like a dandy little knife -

[caption id="attachment_1358" align="alignnone" width="425" caption="Shaping knife from Burning Brass"]Shaping knife from Burning Brass[/caption]

and I've always hankered after one of THESE -

[caption id="attachment_1359" align="alignnone" width="310" caption="Brass Shaper from Burning Brass"]Brass Shaper from Burning Brass[/caption]

And this looks like it would be really nice for making captured bubbles -

[caption id="attachment_1360" align="alignnone" width="425" caption="Round Push from Burning Brass"]Round Push from Burning Brass[/caption]

You can see, I have a hard choice ahead of me!  The nicest thing about the whole competition is this -
Burning Brass was proud to be the sponsor for the November / December Glass Challenge.  We would like to thank everyone who entered.  All of the entries were very creative and since judging so many great entries was difficult for any one person, we decided to make judging a company project.  We spent most of one morning casting votes to determine the winners.  Everyone here at Burning Brass had a chance to vote for their
favorite.

Thank you Jim and everyone else at Burning Brass!

6 comments:

  1. WOW CONGRATULATIONS! Everything is coming up rosy monkees for you and I am so happy for you!!
    I hope you find the perfect tools with your gift certificate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! i love that little monkee - he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You are so talented. I love this cute little monkey.


    http://thejoereview.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Evelyn! This one is one of my favourites for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Meghann, I can't wait to try them out! If only I could decide which ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These tools look great...you can't have enough tools.
    Like the looks of your new website.

    ReplyDelete