Saturday 10 January 2009

Not gonna do it!!

Nope, I don't think so!

I just had a session with the little torch, I thought I'd try the bead press which Santa gifted me, that was probably a bad idea because it cools the glass right down of course - then I have to wait and wait for it to heat back up in the flame.  It took nearly an hour to make three beads with it, one of which cracked.

I think the only thing it will be good for is stringer work and very small earring beads.  Melting stringer is like melting a full rod of glass with my mega.  Well, it was worth a try.  So what do I do now?  Try and hook the hh back up for a couple of weeks or take vacation to somewhere warm and sunny that has oceanfront property?

9 comments:

  1. I like the last idea....the oceanfront.
    And you must take me with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your last idea.....the oceanfront.
    And you must take me with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeps, that is just not right. Hope you get an oxycon soon! But, will that little torch make headpins or fuse silver or copper? Curious minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go on... come back to the daaark siiiide... HH users of the world UNITE!!!
    United we stand
    Divided we fall
    We're tired of oxycons 2 sizes small!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey where did you get your monkey clock from? Maybe they do a pickle one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What to do, what to do? It's stupid but all of a sudden I've got nervous of having the hh on bulk gas. I think it's realising the difference in pressure between it and the mega minor. And it's cold outside *big whine* and I don't feel like freezing my fingers off fiddling with hoses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for the ocean front....perhaps Maxine will have us all and then she can come here for her winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for the warm oceanfront property if you take me with you. I promise to bring my torches and oxycons and we can torch in front of the ocean. I would do just about anything right now for a warm 75 degree day. We've have just had too many cold days in a row. :(

    ReplyDelete