Sunday 4 May 2008

SURPRISE!!!!!

This month is my


Free Clipart

yes, birthday.


I'm not much of one for birthdays since I turned 21, or one for surprises in general really.


HOWEVER, my dear mum


oriental-circlet-tiara-queen.jpg



OK, so it's not really a picture of my mum, since we switched PC's I don't have any digital ones handy so this will have to do until I post a real one - you'll see there actually is quite a resemblance and they are both British afterall!


Back to the story.. my dear mum still believes that birthdays, like Christmas, should involve SURPRISE!!

Last month was daughter #1's birthday and mum wanted to SURPRISE her with a birthday get-together. It sounds like a wonderful idea, except she was upset when I pointed out that in order for daughter #1 to be able to attend her SURPRISE, I needed to ask her point blank what her schedule was, not to mention that every time a family member has a birthday we have a get-together so they have become rather less SURPRISE-ing!!

Back to the story....

My dear mum is planning a SURPRISE for my birthday. She has spoken to daughter #1, because she is closest to her geographically, she's told her something (don't forget, it's a SURPRISE - so I don't know what), but it did involve daughter #1 relaying information to dear husband to ensure his involvement. And I'm pretty sure there is cake involved. . .

Now it might be, that certain things might not get relayed in quite the way they should by daughter #1, so while dear mum was visiting at the weekend she hauled dear husband aside to make sure he was up to speed with the fact that this is a SURPRISE.

That was Saturday, yesterday evening (Sunday), I had a call from daughter #2 who lives in Newfoundland. Nothing out of the ordinary there, she calls me often. -- But doesn't always ask to speak to dear husband. Hmmmm..... curious....

When the call was over I tricked him into telling me what she wanted. Turns out my dear mum had called daughter #2, who is approximately 1303.8 miles away and won't even be attending the SURPRISE, and asked her to speak to dear husband just to make sure that things were going as planned.

Me? I'm planning a trip... since I'm unaware of the whole thing!

Won't they be SURPRISEd!!!

2 comments:

  1. A trip?????

    I am obviously not in the loop, even though your Mum says I am family :~(

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] If none of this makes any sense to you, it’s because you haven’t read THIS POST [...]

    ReplyDelete