Monday 5 May 2008

Tools. . .

Flaming Hot's subject of the week is TOOLS.

This leaves me wondering why two out of three of their automatically generated links as 'possibly related items' are for men.style.com - is there a connection? You tell me!

Since I don't have a disposable income I am tool deprived. I've never used a glass press in my life, I read of people spending $100's on gizmo's to put silver core's in beads and dream of hollow mandrels, stump shapers and electroforming kits. How does that song go - ' All these things when I am King would all appear around me '.

However, since I'm tool-less (well not entirely, I do have several dental implements, and a couple of marvers, an old knife and some tweezers), since I am short on tools, maybe, just maybe I will be quicker to understand shaping glass with heat and gravity.

They do say it's a bad workman that blames his tools, does that have any bearing on this?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes people without special tools come up with even better ways to do things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Jane.

    By the way, one can also apply this to cooking. When I do not have certain ingredients, I come up with menues one has never seen before, LOL.

    Louise, you write so very refreshing. I enjoy so much to read your Blog. I missed it the last days :-)

    ReplyDelete