Tuesday 30 September 2008

Comments on the Web Presence series

I've changed hosts and am posting this list as the only thing I haven't been successful in transferring over are the comments for the last two posts.



  1. Tammieon 28 Sep 2008 at 11:05 am edit this

    Thanks Louise! This is great information.


  2. Paulaon 28 Sep 2008 at 2:39 pm edit this

    Thanks for the advise I know I want something more as website or web page with all my places. I’m going to go back and read your blog again. : )


  3. adminon 28 Sep 2008 at 3:57 pm edit this

    Thanks Tammie and Paula, I hope some of the information I put up will be useful. I take a lot of it for granted because I’ve been working with websites for a while, but I know it can seem very overwhelming if you don’t understand it, and after all - you’ve got better things to do — like make beads! :o)


  4. Dianeon 29 Sep 2008 at 9:14 am edit this

    Thank you louise! this is great! Diane


  5. Linda Robertson 29 Sep 2008 at 1:45 pm edit this

    I was happy to see this discussion mentioned on Beader’s Showcase as I’m in the same situation of having several sites that are not linked - so I’m interested in hearing about ways to do that. My hosting site is 1and1 Internet Inc and I was able to get 2 URL’s through them for free by signing up. Of course all the short names were taken, so I ended up with a longer name http://www.myheartbeadsforyou.com. But the cost is only $5/month for the “home” package which seems to be fine for me right now. I purchased Net Fusion 10 through an offer from my hosting site for about $90 and used this to set up my website. It’s a pretty thorough pkg and I haven’t begun to explore all it does - just set up a basic site with a shopping cart and tied it to paypal. I know how to set up links to other sites, but I’d like to be able to add the html for a button on the home page. Lots of learning to do and so little time.


  6. adminon 30 Sep 2008 at 5:50 am edit this

    I’m glad this is sounding useful! I’ll try and address questions and issues that come up in the comments - I’ll have to try polishing up my propellor beanie ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment