Wednesday 4 June 2008

Dandelion Festival - Kemptville, Ontario

This coming weekend, June 7 & 8 is the Dandelion Festival in Kemptville. If you are in the area check it out!

I am going to be at The Bead Store / Rideau School of Art, on Prescott Street both days. Store owner Jeannette Froese Leblanc has invited me to be her guest artist for the festival. I'll be setting up my hothead torch, bringing some glass and lots beads. If you want to see how a glass bead is made I'll be doing demo's throughout Saturday and Sunday and would love it if you can stop by!

On the home front I have a new family member to introduce to you. He arrived the day before yesterday from the Lanark Animal Welfare Society shelter in Smiths Falls. His shelter name was Raff, and so far he's keeping it. Somehow it seems a fitting tribute to our beautiful old boy Raffi who we had to have put to sleep a few weeks ago at 19 years of age.

You can see, he's making himself quite at home!

p6034373.jpg

Its no wonder the speed at which I can work at the computer has slowed to a crawl!

p6034377.jpg

Aww look! Raff is waving!

p6034376.jpg

Now does he have BIG paws or is it my imagination?

p6034601.jpg

Nap time at last!

I've just left him exhausted in the living room after giving him a sprig of catmint that's growing outside. He really enjoyed that!

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to see you. Will try to make it on Saturday :-)

    Cute cat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raff what big paws you have...he looks pretty happy.

    ReplyDelete