Tuesday 24 June 2008

Reshoots and some new additions

Drumroll...

Here are the first sets I have got put together of my new beads, some are reshoots from the previous post but there are some new ones in there too! I'm really happy with the design of these, the shape makes them feel quite elegant, and the ivory and silver tops are accented with silver glass - I've used Triton and Tibet, most of which is reduced to a pretty metallic blue/green sheen.

I'm listing each set at $20, they'll be going up on Etsy hopefully in the next few days, but if you just can't wait, drop me an email and we can work something out with Paypal. Colours may vary slightly from monitor to monitor, I've got them as close as I can.

More pictures and measurements are available of each set on request. All these beads have 3/32" inch holes. I've used Moretti, Vetrofond and Reichenbach glass.

Tangerine Dream - or maybe it should be tangerine dreamsicle!Tangerine Dream

January Rain - little raindrops almost appear to have been painted on this bead, in very delicate almost rainbow colours.
January Rain

Cosmos - I used raku to achieve the swirling clouds of colour - it's quite trippy!
Cosmos

Coastline - if you look carefully you can almost see the coastline hovering above the grey sea, I see a house and cliffs, if you look you'll probably see something different.
Coastline

Fossil - this bead has a very earthy look and there does appear to be a fossil of some kind buried deep beneath the surface!
Fossil

Neptune's Gift - silver foil over oxtongue black creates this wonderful patina'd blue, topped with silvered ivory and iris gold it really does feel like something Neptune may have held.
Neptune’s Gift

Sea Storm - crashing waves and surf the sea is rising high tonight, lit by a silvery moon hanging in the sky.
Sea Storm

Firestorm - swirls of colour, almost molten lava-like, the metallic blue compliments them wonderfully
Firestorm

Deserted - If you are wondering about the name -an idea for a name for this one deserted me! There's raku in there and a Vetrofond colour I'm not sure of, this bead was hard to get a good picture of.
Deserted

Rainbow Fields - beautiful Raku colours swirling around! Colours I could never achieve with my hot head torch come flying out of the glass now - I'm thrilled!
Rainbow Fields

Agua - I used dark teal glass for this bead which is much prettier than the picture actually shows, the 'water' is rippling, reflecting light off the surface. Agua

Celtic Moss - I think the Vetrofond colour may be called Swamp Moss, but oh my! It's just beautiful! Definitely a mossy colour and combined with the ivory and silver in this bead, it just made me think of all things Irish.
Celtic Moss

MORE TO COME!

8 comments:

  1. Louise I love them all. I have been trying to figure out which was my favorite. The best I could do was to come up with my fav 4 in this order. January Rain, Aqua, Neptune's Gift, Tangerine Dream. Wow GF I feel so honored to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, I was kind of not wanting to give up my hot head for various reasons, but seeing how far you have come in the short time on your big girl torch: WOW! Not sure on the logistics yet, but hoping to set up my mini cc or minor. Not sure which I will go with. Why 2? Great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful beads and clever shooting of same.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !!!! Agua is my favorite though they are all so very unique and beautiful.

    And they are so well named !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neptune`s Gift looks so ancient. I look at it and it evokes "memories" and feelings of an old civilization in me.

    Ooohhh Agua....and you still make me feel, wanting to jump into the pure and clear clean water ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of your stunning beads. Rainbow Field breath taking color but love the one with Swamp Moss. I'm with Maggie if this is the result of you getting a big girl torch I can't wait to see what you will be doing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my I just went back for a second, third look and I just love Neptune’s Gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, LOVE Neptune's Gift!!! the colour is fantastic (do you mind sharing the combo?)

    and i'm so impressed with what you're doing with the new torch!

    ReplyDelete