Sunday 7 December 2008

-20 means no beadmaking!

Yes, that's what the thermometer is reading as I make my morning tea. I think the glass might be a little shocky out in the sun porch today! My ventilation system can't come quick enough.

We had six squirrels at our birdfeeders yesterday - all at the same time! I felt bad for them as David had said he heard that acorns were in short supply this year. I made some peanut butter sandwiches to take out to them and felt like I was in a scene of Alfred Hitchcock's lesser known movie 'The Squirrels!'. They were all perched high in the tree looking down at me, except one who squawked at me from a lower branch.

Our birdfeeders are starting to look pretty shabby!
[gallery]

5 comments:

  1. Oh my I remember those minus days when you go outside it's so quiet you can hear snow squeak when you walk on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those doggoned squirrels! They drive me nuts with the bird feeders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I don't like squeaky snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that is really cold. I hope you get your ventilation up and running soon. I am tired of winter already and it isn't even officially winter yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny Michelle (well not really) - David was somewhere the other day and was told that 'winter is half over already' -by a real optimist I'd say!

    ReplyDelete