Tuesday 9 December 2008

Black and White Bead Exchange

Yesterday a package arrived for me from Australia.  I'd been waiting for it as I knew it was coming and what it contained.

I took part in a Bead Exchange on the Wet Canvas glass forum and this box held the spoils of the game.  It's very exciting to receive beads from other beadmakers, and even more so if they are on the other side of the world to you!

Here's what I snagged!



A pretty dot bead from Mallory - here's her Artfire shop



Beads from Howie in New Zealand!



Some disk beads from Maggie, which is wonderful because these are one of her signature beads



A pretty shell from Joy - my very first shell bead



A lovely elegant dot bead from Deborah - I know, I messed the photo up - sorry Deborah!



A starfish on a bead from Trish



And last but not least a MULTICOLOURED Kitty from Maxine! which is actually funny considering the grief she gave everyone else about ONLY using BLACK and WHITE! ;o) -- we love you anyway Maxine!

Alongside the beads was a delicious little taste of Australia (Maxine's home)



I've been good, I keep looking at it, but haven't opened it yet.  Methinks I'll have to include some moose droppings in Maxine's next package, heheheh!

As if all that wasn't enough, didn't she go and Secret Santa me as well!!  I still can't believe she sent me this



I am no longer a press virgin!  ..Well I won't be as soon as I can fire up my torch and try it out!

Maxine thank you so much for your generosity and kindness!

What did I send for the exchange?

[caption id="attachment_1120" align="alignnone" width="400" caption="Two face Black and White Monkee beads!"]Two face Black and White Monkee beads! - What else?[/caption]


If that picture looks a little chewed upon, I took it ontop of an old bookcase that is sitting in our front porch. Mr Higgins loved to nibble on it bless him.

1 comment:

  1. Louise, Until this moment, I didn't realize that your monkey beads had two faces. I got one! Sure enough, I checked, yes, mine does have two faces! You got some nice beads, too! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete