Thursday 18 December 2008

Make your advertising interesting!

I started out this morning looking for something Christmassy to put up here.

I went to YouTube and my mind started wandering onto the subject of monkeys...   which in turn brought me round to some of my very favourite monkeys from years gone by -



Now who could resist buying PG Tips with commercials like these? There's a whole series of them if you search YouTube.

Then I came across this Wintery ad for Irn Bru - why can't all commercials be like these?



The moral of this post?  People are more likely to pay attention to your advertising if you make it fun and interesting!

So did I end up finding anything Christmassy?? You bet!

2 comments:

  1. Point taken! Everything we do for our businesses is an advertisement. We need to be aware of the image we project, as well as how thin the line can be between professional and informative and B.O.R.I.N.G.
    Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, I love those adverts. Now i want some PG Tips, or some Iron Brew. Sounds like a nice strong tea. I never could figure out why folks would make a weak tea and then add milk. I like it strong enough to keep a wonderful flavor with or without milk. Or even (horror) with lemon and sweet. :D Just love that tea!! Wish we had PG Tips here. I will have to research and see if there is any place that carries it. It sounds great!!! And who wouldn't want tea made by folks using such wonderful ads.

    ReplyDelete