Wednesday 10 December 2008

A bracelet from Samma's Tutorial

One of the really wonderful things about my lampworking journey is the number of friends I am making along the way.

Samma is a regular on 'our' not so little Newbie thread over at the Wet Canvas forum.  It's a place where we share ideas, praise each others achievements and offer support when things aren't going quite as well.  I don't think a cross word has ever been posted in that thread, which is really something to be amazed about.  Don't even try and read it from the start!  If you visit, jump in at the end!

I noticed that Samma had published a tutorial over at Beaders Showcase for a fun bracelet made with seed beads.  Since it's been cold and I haven't been able to torch as much as I'd like I figured I'd give this tutorial a try.

I have a habit of not following things to the letter, which can sometimes get me into trouble, but this time I think it worked out quite well!

Here's my Monkees in The Jungle bracelet that is the result of Samma's Tutorial!  Thanks Samma!

[caption id="attachment_1132" align="alignnone" width="425" caption="Two By Two Bracelet - Monkees in The Jungle"]Two By Two Bracelet - Monkees in The Jungle[/caption]

At the moment Bob is wearing it, because he thinks he's Lord of the Monkees!

[caption id="attachment_1131" align="alignnone" width="425" caption="Bob, Lord of the Monkees"]Bob, Lord of the Monkees[/caption]

3 comments:

  1. oh my oh my.....I love it I love it. Just a perfect way to showcase a monkee. Are you going to put it up on etsy?????

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bracelet is precious, but the Lord of the Monkeys is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That looks fantastic! More, More!!

    ReplyDelete