Tuesday 2 December 2008

A tutorial from Aardvark

Sometimes my will is weak.

When I saw what fellow WC-er Maxine had created with her Aardvark Fish Tutorial - take a peek here, and saw what wonderful creations people were posting on the LE forum , I have to confess my will broke completely!  I purchased my first ever tutorial.

Was it worth the money?  You bet it was!  Lots of useful tips and ideas, but no matter how hard I tried to follow the instructions I couldn't quite end up with a fish ..

Sea monkee glass bead

It nearly looked like a fish, but not quite, something just wasn't right...

So I tried another...

Sea monkee glass bead

THEN I realised what the problem was!

These weren't FISH!!

Sea monkee glass bead

The were SEA MONKEES!!!

After that revelation I tried the eyelid part of the tutorial and I think I ended up with my first ever Sea Monkee in Space, and she looks pretty PO'd about it!

Sea monkees in Space?

I think I need to work on the eyelids a little!  In my defence it was getting dark when I made her and the light in the suporch is really bad ;o)

So would I buy another tutorial?  Yes, most definitely!  The trick is to take the information you learn and turn it into something else, to put your own twist on things.  Sea Monkees hadn't entered my mind until I got the 'It's a Wonderful Fish' tutorial and brainstormed with a friend.

8 comments:

  1. omg.....they are amazing. Make me laugh right out loud!!!

    May the Monkee prevail.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL these are the greatest!! Toooo funny....love them. I agree with the other post they made me laugh out loud. I keep going back to look at them. I also ordered the tutorial : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah Louise...what a funny "combo". More, more ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... I can't breathe... too funnee... all they need now is the 'million bubble pump!

    You did post on LE right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous. You are such fun. Do you make people laugh this much in person. If so I think I may have to take a road trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say thank you for all the wonderful comments! :D Guess I can't stop making monkees now...
    Maxine I hope you haven't gone blue!
    Paula, I can't wait to see what you come up with -- a dog fish maybe??
    Deborah I don't know if I make people laugh that much in real life, but you know you'd always be welcome - it's very humble but it's home!
    Thank you :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, those are hilarious!!! luv 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I haven't laughed (in a good way) like that for a LONG time. These are so wonderful. Good for you to take someone else's idea and make it completely your own - Three cheers for you!

    ReplyDelete